As COVID-19 cases spiked last year and lockdowns started Professional Beauty Solutions (PBS) were forced to cancel their annual Skin Summit event that plays hosts to the Annual Awards Night Gala Evening. This year nothing was more important to the company than recognising their salon partners with an awards evening – no matter the circumstances. With that in mind, the PBS Salon of the Year Awards went online for its first-ever Virtual Awards ceremony.
Held on Monday evening, 16th August 2021, more than 100 salons, spas and clinic partners from across Australia Zoomed in for the virtual ceremony, and what a night it was. There were tears of joy, lots of laughter and huge smiles on the faces of all the attendees.
The company was thrilled to take a night to appreciate all the hardworking partnered salons and pay tribute to the amazing success they have had over an incredibly trying last 18-months. They have showed nothing but grit, perseverance and strength over the past year-and-a-half, each proving they have more than enough passion and ability to succeed – even through lockdowns, restrictions and financial hardship.
With 18 awards on offer, from Stockist of the Year and Hall of Fame to Highest Growth and Marketing Excellence, the night belonged to The Temple Skincare & Spa, who were crowned PBS 2021 Salon of the Year.
Rene Herald of The Temple Skincare & Spa says of winning Salon of the Year “I am extremely grateful and honoured to have been awarded Salon of the Year from Professional Beauty Solutions. This award is for my team because they have tried very hard to hit targets and exceed expectations to be the selling of the year for PBS. We absolutely love all of the skincare and devices that we have at our Fingertips. We trust in everything that PBS introduced to us and endorse. Image Skincare, Dermalux, EPN, Pure Fiji and Bio-Therapeutic all make our job easier as we have everything we need to achieve amazing results and experiences for our clients.”
When it comes to choosing their Salon Of The Year winner, PBS look at several metrics, including sales and sales growth, team passion for PBS brands, dedication to training and, finally, innovation with finding ways to not only survive but thrive and grow in a pandemic also a defining factor.
Rene Herald, owner of The Temple Skincare & Spa, has created a trusted space for skin, the body and soul, where advanced skin treatments meet holistic wellness. With 8 treatment rooms, 11 therapists, and 2 client liaisons, this multi-award-winning advanced medi-spa offers all the latest treatments and technologies to help their clients achieve their best results. They currently stock 11 Professional Beauty Solutions brands, including Image Skincare, Dermalux, Bio Therapeutic, Mesopen Pro, Sunecape, Pure Fiji and Bestow Beauty.
Rene took to Instagram shortly after her win to share the spas latest achievement, saying “This is for our clients, for my team, my family…thank you for all your support.”
Professional Beauty Solutions Virtual Awards 2021
PBS 2021 Salon of the Year Award Winner
- PBS Salon of the Year – The Temple Skincare & Spa
- Excellence in Brand Representation – The Beauty Spot
- Hall of Fame – Skinfit Body & Beauty
- Highest Growth – Gloss Skin & Beauty
- Best Owner Operator – Anna’s Skin & Beauty
- Newcomer of the Year – Oshan Bunbury
- Excellence in Education & Training – Macquarie Medi Spa
- Retail Therapist of the Year – Laura Browne (The Temple Skincare & Spa)
- Marketing Excellence Award – Oi Cosmetic Studio
- Social Media Excellence Award – Gloss Skin & Beauty
- Best Client Transformation – The Temple Skincare & Spa
PBS 2021 Stockist of the Year Award Winner
- Dermalux Stockist of the Year – Face Mediskin
- Image Skincare Stockist of the Year – Face Mediskin
- Pure Fiji Stockist of the Year – Summer Elisabeth Day Spa
- Youngblood Stockist of the Year – La Bella Medispa
- Bestow Beauty Stockist of the Year – Gloss Skin & Beauty
- Sunescape Stockist of the Year – Sienna Rae
- ECOCOCO Stockist of the Year – Blush Boutique ACT
- Body Sugaring Australia Stockist of the Year – Eco Beauty Lounge
Read the current issue of our digital magazine here:
Have your save. What do you think about the way the beauty industry has been handled during the pandemic? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will publish reader letters.
- For news and updates, subscribe to our newsletter.
- Follow our Instagram for beauty news, memes and more
- Like our Facebook page for updates and beauty industry news
- Join one of the biggest beauty professional communities on LinkedIn
Have an idea for a story or want to see a topic covered on our site and in our pages? Get in touch at email@example.com.