SkinCeuticals has created a breakthrough antioxidant solution for oily, blemish-prone skin.
The new Silymarin CF serum was six years in the making. Containing patented Silymarin actives from milk thistle, this serum prevents visible signs of ageing in skin types often overlooking by anti-ageing skincare.
Learn more about how this serum works to both prevent blemishes and excess oil while simultaneously lessening visible signs of dull, ageing skin.
Silymarin CF contains a precise antioxidant combination of Silymarin, pure vitamin C and ferulic acid stabilised in a patent-pending delivery system to improve the appearance of oily and blemish-prone skin and reduce visible signs of ageing.
The active ingredient concentrations are:
- 0.5% silymarin helps prevent oil oxidation
- 15% pure vitamin C provides powerful antioxidant protection against skin-ageing free radicals
- 0.5% ferulic acid enhances the stability and performance of vitamin C
- 0.5% salicylic acid helps unclog pores and targets blemishes
In the clinical trials run by SkinCeuticals, the serum has been shown to reduce oiliness, refine skin texture and visibly improve clarity and the appearance of fine lines with no downsides, no photosensitizing, although it’s always recommended to follow with a high-SPF sun product, like SkinCeuticals Ultra Facial Defence SPF 50+.
As a brand committed to in-vivo (live skin) proof, SkinCeuticals conducted multiple independent clinical studies to demonstrate Silymarin CF’s efficacy across key attributes in oily, blemish-prone, and ageing skin. Results demonstrate:
- 16% reduction in oiliness1
- Up to a 76% reduction in oxidation of skin oils2
- 38% improvement in skin texture3
- 25% improvement in clarity3
- 24% improvement in fine lines3
- 1Protocol: a 12-week, single-centre clinical study was conducted on 50 women and men ages 18-50 with oily, blemish-prone skin. Silymarin CF was applied once daily in conjunction with a sunscreen. Results stated at 1 week.
- 2Protocol: Sebum collected from the forehead of 35 subjects with oily skin, after 4 weeks of Silymarin CF use. The ratio of squalene-to-squalene peroxides was measured.
- 3Protocol: an 8-week, single-centre clinical study conducted on 55 women ages 25-50 with mild to moderate signs of photodamage. Silymarin CF was applied once daily in conjunction with a sunscreen.
Read the current issue of our digital magazine here:
- For news and updates, subscribe to our newsletter.
- Follow our Instagram for beauty news, memes and more
- Like our Facebook page for updates and beauty industry news
- Join one of the biggest beauty professional communities on LinkedIn
Have an idea for a story or want to see a topic covered on our site and in our pages? Get in touch at email@example.com.