Six makeup artists have been recognised for their exceptional skills at this year’s Face2Face Makeup Awards.
Held over two days at Beauty Expo Australia in Sydney, the awards featured four ‘live’ competition categories and one photographic category.
The winners, who received prize packs from Becca Gilmartin, Long Lashes, Inika Organic, Beauty Dazzled, Silk Oil of Morocco, Runway Room, Mii Cosmetics, LashGame, Crown Brush and Christian Faye, were:
Pearlin McCarthy – Fashion Editorial: Makeup Designer (entrants created a makeup design for their favourite fashion label’s next season campaign)
Pearlin McCarthy – Bridal: My Modern Bride (entrants created a diverse and inclusive representation of a bridal look)
Heather Chalker – Body Art: Most Influential Film (entrants created a full body paint inspired by a film that has impacted them
Sara Belobrajdic – Creative Makeup: Instagram Killed the Avant-Garde Star (entrants created ‘instagramable’ makeup representing avant-garde, creative self-expression and experimentation)
Krista Jade White – Beauty Editorial: Creative Director (entrants created two beauty images depicting how they would direct the brand’s next beauty campaign as a Creative Director)
Nita Hirani – People’s Choice (awarded to an artist showing amazing promise)
Face2Face Makeup Awards creative director Becca Gilmartin said this year’s competition saw a wide spectrum of artists “from makeup trainers to students, professional freelance artists to artists who had never applied makeup on a client before” create impressive work they should all be proud ofaa’.
“The competition floor is always a supportive experience for the artists and boy, did it bring out the best in everyone,” she said.
“All that mattered was what was created on the day and 2019 was yet another elevation of talent and imagination.”
The Face2Face Makeup Awards 2019 judging panel included some of Australia’s top makeup artists:
- Nicole ‘Pinky’ Thompson – MAC Cosmetics pro senior artist
- Zuleikha Stevens – celebrity hair and makeup artist
- Isabelle De Vries – multi-award winning makeup artist
- Meryll Faulkner – four-time winner of the Australian Bridal Award for makeup excellence
- Penny Antuar – beauty influencer and internationally renowned makeup artist
- Tanya Guccione – makeup artist and educator
- Becca Gilmartin – makeup artist and Face2Face Makeup Awards creative director
- Kylie Eustace – ABIA and AHFA Makeup Artist of the Year finalist
- Martha Mok – award-winning makeup artist and international trainer
- Samara Nillson – makeup artist, content creator and educator
- Bernice Mansfield – makeup artist and hair stylist
- Alex Pott – fashion and celebrity photographer
- Michelle Dube – award-winning hair and makeup artist
Next year’s Face2Face Makeup Awards will be held at Beauty Expo Australia in Sydney on August 22-23.
For more news and updates, subscribe to our weekly newsletter.