World renowned make-up artist Danessa Myricks is headed to Australia to impart her wisdom to the local industry with her ‘Mastering Multi-Dimensional Skin’ masterclass.
While the original date of the masterclass was to be next month, Danessa and Neue Beaute Co have postponed the event, in light of the recent fires.
“We are deeply saddened by the devastating impact of the bushfires across Australia,” said Nalan Erdogan, CEO of Neue Beaute Co. “Due to the extent of damage and impact on people around the country, Neue Beaute Co, in partnership with Danessa Myricks, has decided to postpone the Masterclass event. Neither of us feels it is appropriate to run a masterclass during this time of crisis.”
Taking place on May 27, the woman behind the mega-successful Danessa Myricks Beauty brand will do a deep-dive into the importance of skin type, tone, age, purpose of application and lighting environments when determining make-up techniques.
The six-hour ‘Look & Learn’ intensive masterclass will instruct artists on creating successful strategies for designing skin strategically for the red carpet, editorial, film and television.
Of her trip to Australia, Danessa is excited on both a personal and professional level. “I fell in love with Australia instantly during my first trip in 2017,” she says. “There is such a beautiful energy there. The artists in Australia are so committed to excellence in artistry on every level. Their love for clean beauty coupled with their eclectic creative style is so inspiring. My goal for this trip is to not only share my tips and strategies; I want to inspire them to find their own unique, authentic voice in this limitless industry and empower them to take full advantage of all the opportunities available to them.”
The masterclass will cover:
- Building dimension from the base up
- Balancing and shaping the face
- Layering varying textures and finishes to amplify shape
- Unleashing “The Power Of Three”
- Multiple ways to create irresistible glowing effects to the skin
- After each demonstration Danessa will photograph the model live and share all her tips and tricks.
Those with VIP and Premium tickets gain access to a pre-masterclass meet-and-greet with Danessa, as well as score a starter kit containing Danessa’s favourite products.
In addition, Danessa and Neue Beaute Co want to use their combined power to help the victims of the fire to move forward. They will be offering 10 aspiring make-up artists free entry to the masterclass.
“The objective is to help victims to move forward towards a positive chapter. Nominations are for people directly affected by the loss of home or property or, a direct relative of our self-sacrificing RFS firefighters who have given so much to our great country!” said Nalan.
If you wish to apply for a free ticket to the event, the criteria is below:
- The nominee can be you, the nominator, or someone you know and you would like to nominate; and,
- The nominee is an aspiring or established Makeup Artist; and,
- The nominee has been directly affected by the loss of home or property; or,
- The nominee is a direct relative of an RFS firefighter;
- Tell us briefly how this person/you has/have been affected;
- The successful nominee will receive a General Admissions ticket free of charge to attend the Masterclass on the 27th May 2020;
- All other costs, including travel & accommodation expenses are excluded;
- Please email your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Nominations close on April 15, 2020;
- The selection of 10 nominees from the entire pool of nominations is at the discretion of Neue Beaute Co;
- The successful nominees will be notified by Neue Beaute Co no later than April 22 by way of email.
For more news and updates, subscribe to our weekly newsletter.