It’s officially autumn! While that might mean rain, wind and huddling up to a heater, there is a bright side – autumn trends. From seductive burgundy lips to iridescent lids, Co-Founder of on-demand beauty app Glamazon Lauren Silvers is delivering the inside scoop on the top looks you clients will be asking for this season.
- Romance with an edge – As the weather gets cooler, it’s less about fresh faced beauty and more about creating a romantic and mysterious appeal. This autumn, top looks will include luxe lips with a moody red wine or deep purple lip. Bold colours will help client’s makeup pop, whether they’re a lover of liquid mattes or lip stains. For the more daring, pair this romantic lip look with a bold aubergine smoky eye.
- Super sleek and straight strands – It’s time to dust off those hair straighteners and lose the wavy locks. Beyoncé showed us the next big hair trend with her amazing Grammy 2017 mane, with super sleek straight hair with a middle part reigning supreme. Easy to replicate, a heat protecting solution with a straightening iron will ensure your locks remain sleek with maximum shine.
- Glossy lids, glossy lips and glossy skin – Maintain your client’s glowing summer skin is a must during this cool weather change. A natural look for day or night, this glossy vibe can easily be achieved with rose gold hued eye shadow or lip gloss coupled with a luminous highlighter swept across the cheekbones.
- Uh huh bunny – The ‘hun’ as we so fondly call it in the beauty industry, is the half-up-half-down bun. Perfect for hair of any length, even for the gents, this look will keep the face fresh while accentuating features, not to mention keep the neck warm! This style has survived the test of time to resurface as a must-do this autumn thanks to it’s incredible versatile – it’s perfect for running weekend errands to dinner parties with the girls.
- The Bold & the Beautiful – Play with some bold and bright colours on the upper lids this season or experiment with a coloured liner to create a captivating look for the windows to the soul. Whether it’s a subtle orange for during the working week or a bright and daring pink or red for a night time look, let your clients know strong colours will enhance the eye and draw out colour and depth. Bold eye colours have been a top autumn trend, with the look gracing the runways of Olympia Le-Tan, Jill Stuart and Thow Brown. Despite its high-fashion origins, this easy to create look is perfect for customers to take runway to reality.
- Wet look locks – The wet look is back for Autumn 2017, and we love the minimalistic effort trend more than Kanye loves himself. To nail this trend, use your preferred gel and just run your fingers through damp hair for a straight look, or alternatively scrunch to add a slight wave and texture to your client’s ‘do.