During the month of August Professional Beauty conducted an industry-wide equipment survey in order to reveal the trends and movements of this booming sector.
The results will be revealed every Thursday in the month of September.
Who participated in the survey?
- 44% were beauty therapists, 35% were salon owners
- 55% are currently working in a beauty salon. According to Kane Hammond, CEO of The Global Beauty Group, this is an accurate depiction of how the industry is evolving – “technology-based skincare is gaining a much more solid foundation in salons and spas because clients are seeking high performance treatments and results”. Previously the domain of doctors and dermatologists, “salons now have the opportunity to integrate powerful technology into their business when equipped with in-depth training, marketing assistance and solid business support programs from reputable suppliers,” Kane added.
What technologies would therapists invest in if they had the means?
- 32% said they would invest in skin tightening and rejuvenation. “There is always a market for the types of treatments these devices offer, so it’s a great way to add instant value to a business. It’s possible to offer a service menu of about eight different treatments with just one device,” Kane said.
- 22% said they would invest in LED light. “LED light therapy is a truly forward-thinking treatment option that is highly esteemed within the aesthetics industry. It has made an impressive contribution to the possibilities of non-surgical aesthetics.”
- Only 2% would consider investing in body contouring. “There simply needs to be a more open and direct dialogue regarding fat cavitation machines – misinformation circulating around the industry contributes to the blockage we see here,” Kane said.
Barriers to investment in equipment
- The biggest barrier was outright cost at 62% while 22% said uncertainty of return on investment. “Opting out of beauty technology runs a big risk of getting left behind in the fast-paced world of beauty. We want to see every business benefit from the exceptional short and long term value beauty technology offers – which is why we [The Global Beauty Group] always provide a solid range of financing options.”
Stay tuned for the next round of results – to be published next Thursday.
For more information on The Global Beauty Group visit http://www.theglobalbeautygroup.com.au/