The Healthy Parenting & Natural Living Seminar, to be held at Sydney’s Glebe Library on September 14 will look at the impact of the toxins present in food and personal care products on children in particular, as well as adults.
Event organisers say that “one-third of all personal care products, including baby washes and shampoos, contain one or more ingredients classified as possible human carcinogens; more than half of the 100,000 synthetic chemicals on the market have never been tested for their toxicity on the human body”.
Keynote speakers are public health university lecturer, mother and author of Chemical Free Kids: Raising Healthy Children in a Toxic World, Dr Sarah Lantz, and mother of three, miessence organic personal care product range founder, Narelle Chenery.
Dr Lantz has an academic and professional background in public health and mental health, and specialises in the area of child and youth health and wellbeing. She has written and spoken widely on the issue, and continues to be an invited speaker in the media on the subject of youth health and wellbeing.
Chenery is a passionate educator and activist for social and consumer change. She speaks worldwide to business leaders, cosmetic industry professionals and government bodies.
“Education is the key. If we know how to see through the greenwash, we can choose to avoid toxins. If we know what to look for, we can easily limit our children’s exposure to toxic chemicals, additives and preservatives and raise a happy, healthy new generation.”
Seminar topics include:
• Research from Dr. Lantz’s book, Chemical Free Kids: Raising Healthy Children in a Toxic World
• Advice for chemical-free parenting
• Toxicity & children – what makes kids more susceptible
• Specific ingredients to be aware of in personal care products
• Narelle Chenery exposes ‘green-washing’ and demystifies product labeling
• The difference between natural, organic and certified organic
• Why certified organic is beneficial to people and the planet
• Environmental impact of synthetic chemicals and pesticides
• Help making informed decisions about the health of your family.
Healthy Parenting & Natural Living Seminar
Monday 14th September 2009
7:15pm – 9:15pm (7pm Registration)
Benledi House at Glebe Library
186 Glebe Point Road, Glebe, NSW
$15 online or $20 on the door.
Book tickets online at www.sydneyorganicevent.com