NVEY ECO international head makeup artist, Claire McDonald hit Hollywood this year for the 2012 Golden Globes, to mingle with the stars and introduce the value of high performance green makeup artistry.
Meeting with celebrities, nominees and guests, Claire caught up with stars from the likes of Glee, Twighlight, Dexter, True Blood, Desperate Housewives, Gossip Girl, The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Pretty Little Liars, Downton Abbey and more, sharing her tips and tricks for the perfect red carpet looks as they prepared for the glamourous event. From Jennifer Love-Hewitt to Jennifer Carpenter, Claire gave the stars the green treatment with NVEY ECO’s 100% Natrue & NSF Organic Certified, Australian-made makeup.
Get the Look:
Claire McDonald on the ever, elegant Elizabeth McGovern, 2012 Golden Globe nominee from the 2012 Golden Globe award winning TV series Downton Abbey.
1. To get Elizabeth’s soft, velvety natural look, use a creamy and nourishing foundation applied with a soft foundation brush to ensure a smooth, even complexion that will keep your skin hydrated and dewy throughout the day and night. Use a light powder to rid your t-zone of any unwanted shine, with a touch of pale pink coloured blush on the apples of the cheek for warmth and definition, sweeping up the cheekbone towards the temple.
2. For her defined yet subtle eyes, use a champagne base on the eyelid sweeping up to the crease of the eye towards brow bone, creating depth with a midnight mauve shade in the outer third of the eye and socket.
3. Bring the midnight mauve shade down under the eye in the outer third for an eye popping splash of colour and sophistication.
4. Soften the whole look with a wash of cream eyeshadow under the brow bone before adding a flick of eyeliner with the NVEY ECO tipped eyeliner brush on the outer third of eyeline to open and further enhance the eye.
5. Follow with lashings of volumising mascara across top and bottom lashes.
6. For ultra definition, try applying single lashes to top lash line from mid to outer.
7. Finally for an enticing berry pout, apply a gold/berry coloured lipstick to entire lips followed by a creamy berry blend lustre for the perfect luscious lip.
Visit www.nveymakeup.com to find out more.