We’re just going to say it – video is undeniably one the most effective ways to market your business, and you need to start shooting. While it might be one of the newest additions to advertising, if you want to promote your business, engage your clients and increase sales, it’s worth it.
Video specialists Big Review TV know this all too well. They’re experts at creating video for social media, promotional material, and the salon screen – and they’re offering you a chance to win their platinum video content package.
Valued at almost $4,000, the winning beauty business will gain full access to equipment, a production crew and expert advice. Whether you’re looking to educate, engage or increase your customer base, it’s a given that Big will produce something red carpet-worthy.
Still unsure? Here are five reasons why you shouldn’t be:
1. Boosts click-through rates
A video in an email can increase your click-through rate by a staggering 200-300% estimates content specialist company Hubspot. Not only are videos visually appealing, eye-catching and have the ability to deliver huge amounts of information in an incredibly short period of time, but they’ve been proven to resonate, engage and inspire audiences. Merely mentioning the word ‘video’ in the subject line can increase open rates by 13 per cent.
2. Increases landing page engagement
Hubspot estimates that including a video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80%, while combining video with a full page ad can boost engagement by 22%. Videos increase the length of time people stay on your page, giving your message longer to sink in. Plus, if it features yourself and other salon staff the level consumer trust is raised significantly.
3. Engages even the laziest of buyers
64% of users are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video reports Hubspot. An eye-catching visual medium provides a sense of credibility and trust, making your consumers more confident when it comes to purchasing. Customers want to see what you’re selling in action, while evoking emotion is essential when it comes to consumer decision-making.
4. Encourages social sharing
It’s hard to argue that vloggers aren’t the most powerful content creators out there, while their chosen platform, YouTube, has experienced a meteoric rise in popularity these last couple of years. In the 8th annual Social Media Marketing Report, 60 per cent of social marketers used video content in 2015 and 73% of those surveyed used it in 2016. Facebook has video sharing, Instagram has Video Stories and Twitter has Periscope – audiences are 10 times more likely to engage, embed, share and comment on video content than related social posts.
5. Great for mobile users – and there are A LOT of them
Nearly 40% of all video is watched on a mobile, with 92% of mobile video consumers more likely to share videos with their friends. International consulting and marketing agency Points Group reported that video views on mobile have increased 400 per cent from 2012 to 2014. Google told us in 2015 that smartphone users are twice as likely than TV viewers and 1.4 times more likely as desktop viewers to feel a sense of personal connection to brands that show video content or ads on their devices. And considering more than half the world’s population owns a smart phone, video is a no-brainer.
Enter here for one of the best ways to market your business.
*Prize is valued at AU$3987
* As a market leader in video content creation, Big Review TV is about personalising your offering to give potential clients an idea of your ethos, team plus a peak inside that shows your treatment specialities.
* You’ll be able to talk freely about products treatments and trends.
* You’ll have a chance to demystify procedures that may be shrouded in fear or misconception.
* Video snippets tailored just for Facebook are included in the package.
Hero image courtesy of Charlotte Tilbury
- The history of waxing and why it’s here to stay
- Instagram’s new feature changes the online booking landscape
- Gold Coast salon starts new nail trend
- How to create a space your clients love visiting
- Renowned organic skincare brand now available to be stocked in salons