Allie will share her insights and knowledge about the natural beauty market in Asia and will highlight the potential business opportunities for natural, ethical, sustainable and cruelty-free brands. Her focus is helping brands gain the knowledge, confidence, strategies and cultural insights to navigate and utilise the business opportunities that are currently available in Asia.
She is passionate about clean beauty, she studied Chinese at university and then spent nearly a decade living and working in Asia for luxury brands such as Burberry, L’Oréal and Chanel before setting up her consultancy Clean Beauty Asia. If you have aspirations to launch and expand your beauty or wellness brand in Asia, this online fireside chat from The Green Edit is for you.
Register here for the link to join:
Allie’s top three tips for launching your brand in Asia:
1. Establish your brand in your home market first before pushing into international markets. It will be quicker and cheaper if you already have good traction at home.
2. Do your due diligence. Just because a market is big doesn’t mean there is appetite for your product. Look at which brands are in the market, what brands are the retailers already selling and check local influencers and social channels to see if people are talking about you.
3. Don’t rush into a partnership with a distributor, take some time to get to know each other. Try to talk to other brands they carry to get their feedback. Bear in mind that it is tough to be completely satisfied with your distributor but you want to make sure you are choosing a safe pair of hands.
Read the current issue of our digital magazine here:
- For more news and updates, subscribe to our weekly newsletter
- Follow us on Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Join Australia’s largest network of beauty industry professionals on LinkedIn
- Subscribe to our print magazine
Have an idea for a story or want to see a topic covered on our site and in our pages? Get in touch at email@example.com.