While Victorian salons across 12 postcodes have been forced back into lockdown, the State Government has announced its Local Lockdowns Business Support Program, allowing small businesses to apply for $5,000 grants.
Businesses that are operating within a postcode affected by the return to Stage 3 restrictions are eligible for a one-off, $5,000 grant to help them get through to the other side of the local lockdown.
Salons can apply for the one-off grant if they meet the below criteria:
- are operating in a postcode that is affected by the return to Stage 3 restrictions (not necessarily their registered address); and
- are an employing business; and
- are currently registered to pay GST; and
- have a payroll of less than $3 million per annum; and
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at 16 March 2020 (date of the State of Emergency declaration); and
- have been engaged in carrying out the operation of the business in Victoria on 16 March 2020.
Businesses can still receive this $5,000 grant even if they have already received a $10,000 Business Support Fund grant or payroll tax refund or waiver.
Applications are now open, and will remain open until July 31.
For more information on the initiative, or to lodge your application, visit the Business Victoria website.
Visit the #BEAUTYSTRONG hub at https://www.professionalbeauty.com.au/beautystrong/
For more news and updates, subscribe to our weekly newsletter.