It’s bad enough that your beauty business has to remain closed during a lockdown, but what if you’ve also had to pay extra to do a deep clean during the pandemic? In Victoria, there is now a rebate scheme to help offset the cost of deep cleaning if someone suspected of having or confirmed to have the coronavirus has visited a small to medium-sized business.
What is it?
The COVIDSafe Deep Cleaning Rebate is available for small and medium-sized businesses, where anyone suspected or confirmed to have coronavirus (COVID-19) has been on the premises or worksite when they may have been infectious, according to the government website.
It covers the cost of hiring professional cleaners to deep clean or decontaminate your premise and reduce out-of-pocket cleaning expenses.
How much is it for?
It covers up to 80 per cent of the cost of cleaning up to $10,000 (on total costs of $12,500) and you can apply even if you’ve already received funding under other initiatives like the Victorian Government’s Economic Survival Package and Business Support Package are also eligible to apply for this program.
It’s available through the grant application process that’s currently open for applications online here.
What should I know before I apply?
- Your ABN needs to be up to date
- You must have had a person suspected of or confirmed of having COVID-19 on site
- You must have an annual payroll of less than $3 million
- You must be registered WorkSafe if you’re an employer
- You must have evidence that a deep clean or decontamination was undertaken and meets the government guidelines for such matters.
How to apply
All applications have to be made online here.
FAQs and more details information about the scheme and FAQs can be found here.