If you are a small business owner or a not-for-profit located on the Northern Beaches, Sydney, and were impacted by the Public Health (COVID-19 Northern Beaches) Order 2020, you may be eligible for a one-off small business hardship grant of either $3000 or $5000 (although not both).
The grants follow the Commissioner’s report into the impact of the lockdowns on small business. They were a key recommendation in the report by the NSW Small Business Commissioner into the impact of the public health orders, according to the Small Business Commissioner site.
The grants are designed to cover unavoidable business costs for which no other government support is available such as utilities, rent, financial or legal advice and marketing and communications activities. Applications can be made online here and general steps from the dedicate webpage are outlines below
A $3,000 grant is available for eligible small businesses that have suffered at least a 30 per cent decline in turnover due to the Northern Beaches lockdown.
A $5,000 grant is for eligible small businesses that have suffered at least a 50 per cent decline in turnover.
Other measures available to eligible businesses included the $1,500 small business rebate to help cover NSW and local government fees and charges and changes to the payroll tax threshold.
Before you begin make sure you have
- a MyServiceNSW Account
- your proof of identity
- your valid ABN/ACN number
- your business banking details for payment
- a relevant Business Activity Statement (BAS).
Steps to apply
- Gather all your documentation and supporting evidence and have it ready for uploading. You cannot save and resume your application once you have started.
- Check the eligibility criteria.
- Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Select and verify your identity documents.
- When your identity is verified, select ‘Continue’.
- Confirm your contact details.
- Answer the required eligibility questions, then select ‘Next’.
- Enter your supporting information and upload supporting evidence, then select ‘Next’.
- Enter your bank details for payments.
- Review your application.
- Check the declaration boxes.
- Select ‘Submit’.
If you’re not able to apply online, please call 13 77 88.
You will need to complete one of the two hardhsip grant accountant letters below:
- Northern Beaches small business hardship grant accountant letter ($3000 template) – DOCX
- Northern Beaches small business hardship grant accountant letter ($5000 template) – DOCX
Guidelines on the Hardship Grant are located here.
For more information, visit Service NSW’s Northern Beach Hardship Grant page. The hardship grants will remain open until 11:59pm on 11 June 2021.
Read the current issue of our digital magazine here:
For more news and updates, subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Have an idea for a story or want to see a topic covered on our site and in our pages? Get in touch at email@example.com.