Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, disaster ensues. The rest of the time, we recommend letting a fool proof salon management system like Timely handle the hard stuff for you.
1. Wax pot explosions.
Like letting off a bomb, you’ll be cleaning up the wreckage for days.
2. And the injuries they entail.
3. Clients eyebrows.
And the sleepless nights you’ll lie awake imagining tweezing them.
3. When the nail technician before you doesn’t screw the lid on the polish properly.
Yep, another perfectly good pair of pants ruined.
4. Flying toenails.
It ain’t pretty, but it happens.
5. The salon turning deathly quiet.
It almost never happens, but when it does, you feel like you’re going to rip your hair out if you can’t get at someone else’s.
6. Glitter nail polish.
It was invented by Satan.
7. Back to back spray tans.
The enemy of every pale skinned therapist.
8. When your elderly client appears to stop breathing during a treatment.
Nope, call off the ambos, they were asleep.
9. Butter fingers during relaxation treatments.
Massage oil and carrying multiple product bottles don’t exactly go hand in hand.
10. When the wax strip doesn’t come all the way off.
Oops, my bad.
11. Cash register hell
Do I carry the 9 or divide it by 4?
Luckily, there’s a smarter way to do that, thanks to salon software like Timely, which handles all your bookings, services and payments, sends your clients automatic text reminders before their appointments and even provides on-call reports of all your financials, staff utilisation, and more. At least some things are easy.