With the recent relaxing of restrictions across NSW, new guidelines have now been announced for the beauty industry, specifically salons, spas, nail and tanning studios, as well as tattoo clinics.
The NSW Government has requested that all beauty service operators update their COVID-19 Safety Plan online, to reflect the new rules. You can do it here.
Specifically, you will be required to elaborate on how your business will ensure the below:
- Capacity not to exceed one customer per 2 square metres
- Consider making face masks available to customers
- Reduce crowding in areas of higher foot traffic
- Ensure staff maintain 1.5 metres physical distancing
- Ensure seating in waiting areas maintains 1.5 metres physical distancing
- Use telephone or videos for essential meetings where possible
- Stagger start times and breaks for staff members
- Consider physical barriers such as plexiglass around counters
- Have strategies in place to manage gatherings that may occur
- Adopt good hand hygiene practices
- Ensure bathrooms are well stocked with hand soap and paper towels or hand dryers
- Clean any surfaces that customers may touch between each customer
- Clean areas frequented by staff at least daily
- Use appropriate strength cleaners
- Remove testers or samples from public access
- Remove books, magazines, pamphlets and iPads
- Encourage contactless payments
- Increase natural ventilation indoors where possible
Ensure your customers check in
If you’re using the NSW Government QR code system to check-in, here are some ways you can assist customers:
For customers who don’t have a smartphone or their phone can’t read QR codes, you can check in your customers by adding their details to your unique Service NSW check-in webform, using your business’ tablet or laptop.
Make sure customers’ details aren’t visible to the public – their personal information must be kept private.
For customers who don’t have a MyServiceNSW Account, ask the customer to scan the QR code using their phone’s camera. Their phone will take them to the Service NSW online webform. They simply type in their contact details to check-in.
For more news and updates, subscribe to our weekly newsletter