What will the $20 entry fee get me? What’s different about this year’s program? Julia Erben, event director at Reed Exhibitors, answers all your questions.
What will the $20 entry fee get you?
This year we’ve really worked hard to ensure that every professional working across all areas of spa, beauty or wellness, walk away with a value-enriched experience that not only benefits them professionally, but also personally.
From a jam-packed floor to complementary goodie bags, visitors can expect a long list of career and business orientated benefits from the small, tax deductible $20 ticket investment for two days entry.
In a snapshot, some of the features visitors can look forward to this weekend include:
• Access to the latest products and services across over 260 exhibitors in the beauty, spa and wellness industry
• A chance to get up close and personal with some of the industry’s leading talent
• Complementary goodie bags and discount vouchers; access to dedicated Wellness, Medi Spa and Pamper Zones
• Admission into three free seminar sessions, presented by Solta Medical, Device Consulting and Youngblood at no extra charge
• Free Wellness Stage presentations throughout the 2 days including health food TV presenter Jo Rushton, stem cell expert Lisa Schmelzkopf and fitness guru and former professional rugby league player Adrian Rainey
• Business specific solutions with the opportunity to book free one-on-one consultations with experts in the fields of marketing, software, social media, finance, insurance and business consulting
• And two days of live non-stop Main Stage action with catwalk shows, celebrity makeovers, musical performances and demos
Why an entry fee this year?
2013 is the first year that a ticket charge has been introduced, compared with registrations in previous year. An innovative new entry badge system will also allow visitors to pre-print their badges at home for faster and easier access on the day.
The driving force behind adding an entry fee was made in a move to make the Expo an even better experience for attendees. With the addition of a long list of added extras, visitors can expect a multitude of benefits that well exceed the cost of entry.
Compared with other trade shows across the industry, we’ve committed to keep entry cost low in comparison to what the show will deliver.
What additional events can you attend (at additional costs)?
In terms of additional education, the 2013 show, like past years, will deliver access to a range of business and industry specific seminars. From industry skills to business-based strategies, beauty and spa professionals can opt in to a diverse range of leading education and training.
The Business Leaders Summit, now in its second year, takes place on Saturday August 24 and offers access to a high profile agenda of keynote speakers. A must see for any leading salon, spa or associated business looking to take their business performance to the next level.
In an industry first, and something I’m personally thrilled to be involved in is the inaugural Beauty Evening Gala on Sunday August 25, which offers a chance for spa and beauty professionals to frock up, let their hair down and celebrate the industry.
Costs associated with these additional sessions can be found on the Sydney International Spa and Beauty website.
What are some new things at the expo this year?
Going well beyond a one-stop shop of the latest products and services across the industry, Expo visitors this weekend can expect an array of fresh features, educational content and new exhibitor areas including Meet The Expert and the Medi Spa Zone.
As previously mentioned, in an event first, this is the first year that each visitor will receive a complementary goodie bag, which will offer guests the chance to trial some of the industry’s products from brands like Dermalogica, Bio Sculpture and Natural Fiji.
Another new addition will be the offer of exclusive Expo vouchers that will allow visitors to redeem a range of selected on-floor offers. Valued at over $1,000 these vouchers will provide percentage discounts, 2-for-1 offers and free samples across brands like Xtreme Lashes®, Youngblood Cosmetics, Eternal Organics and Dynamic Skin Care Solutions.
For more information visit www.internationalbeautyexpo.com.au