Makeup artists from around Australia will be showcasing their skills at the third annual Perth Hair and Makeup Artist Awards (PHMUA) at the Ascot Race Course this weekend.
The artists will create looks inspired by the works of Perth fashion designers and students on local models who will display the finished art in runway shows.
Event coordinator Shelley Meyer says the PHMUA will “push the boundaries with jaw-dropping results” as it provides “a powerful platform” for aspiring hair stylists, makeup artist and body painters to “demonstrate their amazing talent to the public in an entertaining and inspiring format”.
The artists will compete in eight categories:
- The Maqpro Australia/Click & Curl Creative Hair and Makeup Photographic Entry
- The Sandy Tau Macro Lip Art Photographic Entry
- Martha Mok Student Creative Makeup Photographic Entry
- The Ultimate Salon Supplies Cut Crease Pro Makeup Tutorial Video Entry
- The Crown Brush and Red Cherry Lashes Arabian Makeup
- Ben Nye Body Art (Passion Theme)
- The White Sands and Smitten Cosmetics Glamour Bridal Category
- Airbrush by Debra Kelly and Silk Oil of Morocco Runway Avant Garde
The entrants will be judged by four internationally renowned judges:
Sean Maloney – “the UK’s hottest celebrity makeup artist” who has worked with Lily Allen, Jessie J and Amy Childs, and collaborated with YSL, Mac Cosmetics, Charlotte Tilbury and Becca Cosmetics.
Charlotte Ravet – a hair and makeup artist who has worked with Robbie Williams, the cast of Glee and Simon Baker as well as at Paris Fashion Week, Prada and MiuMiu private runway and launch events.
Martha Mok – an award winning bridal hair and makeup specialist with a large Sydney-based clientele who travels internationally to work with brides in Japan, Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, New Zealand, Paris and London.
Debra Kelly –a makeup artist and visual artist and “an expert on everything airbrush” who has worked with artists such as Roshar, Beau Nelson, Rae Morris and Kevin James Bennett.
In addition to the competitions, the PMUAA will also feature VIP makeovers, master classes and “fantastic prizes and giveaways”.
The PMUAA will be held at the Ascot Racecourse on Sunday August 5.