After a successful launch in 2009, The International Make-Up Artist Trade Show (IMATS) returns to Sydney next month.
IMATS will feature 100 makeup exhibitors including Royal & Langnickel Brush, Crown Brush, Mink, Naked Cosmetics, Make Up For Ever, Serge Louis Alvarez, Cinema Secrets, Embryolisse, Hakuhodo Brushes, Choice Brushes and Girlee Cosmetics.
In addition the Show will feature a makeup museum (with displays from film and television shows), two student makeup competitions, an Alice in Wonderland-themed character-design stage show, and a line-up of international speakers including:
• Award winning makeup artist Tom Savini (Dawn of the Dead and Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter)
• Emmy Award-winning artist Kevin-James Bennett
• Aussie runway veteran and author Rae Morris (makeup director of Australia Fashion Week)
• Beauty artist Nicole Severino (Vogue, Elle, Shiseido)
• World Bodypainting Festival 2010 champion Yolanda Bartram
• TAFE instructor Colin Wilson
• Australian Body Art Awards producer Maria Mormile
IMATS Sydney will be held at the Sydney Convention Centre on September 18-19.