The Look Good…Feel Better annual Dream Week: 7 Days of Hope is back this year between August 31 and September 6.
LGFB exists to help improve the wellbeing and confidence of women undergoing chemotherapy or radiotherapy treatment for cancer. The not-for-profit organisation runs workshops for cancer patients to learn how to use skincare to alleviate symptoms like dryness and sallowness, makeup tips to deal with things like concealing redness and drawing on eyebrows, and advice on headwear including scarf styling and wig selection.
Dream Week is a seven-day national campaign raising awareness and funds for the LGFB program. By participating in Dream Week the Australian public will be empowering and helping women face cancer with greater confidence.
The campaign will include the following activities:
- The Lipstick Effect: Australian women are encouraged to flaunt their bold colours during Dream Week by taking a selfie each day for seven days and posting it on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter with the hashtag #7daysoflipstick @LGFBAustralia
- Followers are encouraged to nominate 3 friends to do the same
- $1 from every lipstick or lip gloss purchase from Myer and David Jones will be donated to LGFB
- Pin it Loud and Proud: supporters can purchase a Tree of Dream pin for $5 from David Jones, Myer, drug stores and Terry White Chemists
- The public will also be able to purchase a pin and speak to a volunteer at Westfield Bondi Junction and Chadstone in Melbourne
- Dream Week Merchandise: supporters can pick up carry bags, coin purses, makeup bags, bracelets, pins and umbrellas at the Westfield Sydney City pop-up store
- $7 for 7 Days of Hope: supporters are encouraged to make a direct $7 donation to fund the charity’s newest initiative – home-delivered Confidence Kits. The ‘workshop-in-a-box’ service aims to help those who cannot attend workshops due to health or travel reasons. Click here to donate
For more information visit http://lgfb.org.au/events/dream-week-2014/