Five of Australia’s best makeup artists have been recognised for their ‘exceptional skills’ at this year’s Face2Face Makeup Awards.
Held over two days at Beauty Expo Australia in Sydney, the awards attracted 93 entries in four live competition categories and one photographic category.
The winners were:
Akoya Tamada – Creative Makeup: Drag, Darling! (entrants took inspiration from the legacy created by ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ to create their own drag entrant)
Niki Simpson – Bridal: The Real Modern Bride (entrants created a bridal look that celebrates the diversity of love in Australia).
Natallie Tse – Fashion Catwalk: Key Makeup Artist (artists created a look inspired by a retrospective show from their favourite fashion designer)
Heather Chalker – Body Art: My Own Fairy-Tale (entrants created a full body paint based on their own modern fairy-tale)
Pearlin Bracewell – Beauty Editorial: Modern History (entrants created two editorial images that took a 2018 spin on an inspiring look from the past)
Tony Marchment – Editor’s Choice (for a makeup artist showing amazing promise)
Face2Face Makeup Awards creative director Becca Gilmartin says the awards reward extraordinary craft, creativity and passion – and provide “a launchpad for makeup artists to showcase their skills to the industry”.
“The Face2Face Makeup Awards are a platform for every kind of makeup artist to further explore their craft, push their own personal limits and display excellence on a national competition level not seen anywhere else in Australia.”
This year’s judging panel featured some of Australia’s top makeup artists:
- Nicole ‘Pinky’ Thompson – MAC Comsetics global senior artist
- Trish Lee-Geosits – makeup artist and founder of Laud magazine
- Carol Mackie – MAC Cosmetics trainer
- Sarah Laidlaw – award-winning hair and makeup artist
- Mia Connor – 2015 ABIA Makeup Artist of the Year
- Meryll Faulkner – four-time winner of the Australian Bridal Award for excellence in makeup
- Kellie Nichol-Smith – The Future Mrs managing director
- Kylie Eustace – ABIA and AHFA Makeup Artist of the Year finalist
- Martha Mok – award-winning makeup artist and international trainer
- Jazz Pampling – celebrity brow artist
- Charlotte Ravet – international makeup artist
- Cameron-Jane Thomas- makeup artist and trainer
The Face2Face award winners received prize packs from La Glam Minerals, Whip Lashes, Crown Brush and Christian Faye. In addition, the winners of the Beauty Editorial and the Editor’s Choice categories will also receive editorial features in Laud.
The 2019 edition of the Face2Face Awards will be held on August 24-25 at Sydney’s International Convention Centre.